2019 SPRING REC SOCCER
Information and registration details.....
WMSC spring soccer is now open to PreK-8th Graders!
The program is designed to allow our recreation soccer players time to play in the spring. We know that kids in our community are involved in many other activities.
This program was specifically designed to allow players to attend sessions as their schedules permit. WMSC offers the program three times a week and we understand that not every session will work for every player You don’t need to email us about conflicts, simply choose to participate if the below days/times generally work for your player.
This year we will run a Pre K Program on Saturdays only. We recommend this program for 4 year olds or 5 year olds who are new to soccer.
DATES: May 14 through Jun 15
Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
LOCATION: India Brook Fields
189 Ironia Road
COST: $ 110 K-8 Early Bird Discount available until midnight March 14th
$140 K-8 After March 14th
$ 50 PreK (4-5)
Tuesdays and Thursday Timeslots:
4:20pm - 5:20pm - Kindergarten through 3rd grade GIRLS
5:30pm - 6:30pm - Kindergarten through 3rd grade BOYS
6:40pm - 7:40pm - ALL 4/5/6/7/8th graders
9:00 am - 10:00 am - Pre K Boys and GIRLS
9:00am - 10:00am - Kindergarten through 3rd grade GIRLS
10:10am - 11:10am - Kindergarten through 3rd grade BOYS
11:20am - 12:20pm - ALL 4/5/6/7/8th graders
- 3 sessions per week are available for all players.
- Cost is fixed regardless of how many sessions your child attends. We understand your child may not be able to attend all sessions.
- There are NO uniforms. In an effort to keep costs low as well as allow flexibility in setting teams, players MAY USE pinnies when playing. We have invested in child-sized pinnies for use (thanks to those that have previously provided feedback).
- Shin guards are mandatory for all players.
- Earrings are not permitted.
- The goal with spring soccer is to afford the players as many touches on the ball as possible. Sessions are divided into 30 minutes of skills training and 30 minutes of game play on small fields.
- Spring REC soccer is NOT the same as Fall REC soccer.
- Teams are created on the field (gender and age) each session, based on who shows up to play. We know children have lots of other spring activities and it is okay if your child cannot participate in all of the sessions.
- Cheshire Trainers serve as both trainers and coaches. There are no parent coaches.
Questions not answered herein? Please contact Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org