Basic Information WMSC Travel
West Morris Soccer Club (“WMSC”) aims to offer its members developmental soccer in a competitive environment, fielding teams in all levels of boys’ and girls’ local, statewide, and regional leagues. A more specific description of the programs offered at the various age groups is provided below. All WMSC travel teams are coached by a professional trainer hired by the Club from a training organization selected by the Club. Each team is also assigned two “F” licensed parent coaches who will be present on the sideline during games and a team parent to provide logistical support. Team rosters are formed based upon evaluations provided by a professional training organization that bases its judgments on in-season player performance and tryouts.
- U8: fall-only program, with option for player/team to continue in spring;
- U9-U14: requires players to commit to a 10-week fall and 10-week spring season;
- Three 90 minute sessions/week (2 practices & 1 game) led by professional trainer assigned to team;
- Optional twice-weekly goalkeeper training sessions with specialized professional trainer;
- Teams play in MCYSA, JAGs and MAPs youth soccer leagues, depending on teams’ performances;
- WMSC reimburses each team for one tournament registration fee per year.
U15-U18 (Spring-only high school soccer):
- Involves a player commitment to a 10-week spring season;
- One or two 90 minute practice sessions/week (depending on team decision) led by assigned professional trainer;
- Goalkeeper training sessions with specialized professional trainer;
- One game or tournament per week (could vary depending on league chosen);
- Teams play in MCYSA, JAGS, or MAPS leagues, youth soccer leagues, depending on teams’ performances;;
- 2-4 tournaments will be played during the season. Costs of tournaments are NOT included in spring season fee; however, WMSC will reimburse for ONE tournament registration fee during the Spring season..
For the Fall 2015/Spring 2016 soccer year, if your birthday is between:
Aug 1, 2007-July 31, 2008 then you are U8
Aug 1, 2006-July 31, 2007 then you are U9
Aug 1, 2005-July 31, 2006 then you are U10
Aug 1, 2004-July 31, 2005 then you are U11
Aug 1, 2003- Jul 31, 2004 then you are U12
Aug 1, 2002 - Jul 31, 2003 then you are U13
Aug 1, 2001 - Jul 31, 2002 then you are U14
Aug 1, 2000 - Jul 31, 2001 then you are U15
Aug 1, 1999 - Jul 31, 2000 then you are U16
Aug 1, 1998 - Jul 31, 1999 then you are U17
Aug 1, 1997 - Jul 31, 1998 then you are U18
Playing Up: No WMSC player will be allow to “play-up” to an age level more than ONE year higher than his/her age level as determined by NJYSA rules. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Fees for Fall 2015/Spring 2016 and Payment Schedule:
Small-Sided (U8 – U11) fees $675
Full-Sided (U12 - U14) fees $775
Spring only (U15 - U18) fees $375
The fall season's fee (half the full-year amount shown above) is required upon acceptance of a position on a U8-U14 team. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
The spring season fee for U8-U14 teams is due February 15th.
The spring-only U15-U18 fee is due in full upon acceptance of a roster position.
Fees paid after payment deadlines are subject to a late payment fee of $50. Nonpayment of fees will result in player card suspension. Players whose cards have been suspended will not be permitted to train or play with their team until payment has been received.
WMSC strives to accommodate all players who wish to play soccer at any level of play, and offers financial assistance to those who qualify. Confidential requests for financial aid click here.
Tryout Registration Information:
Registration for tryouts opens March 4th. To register, go to the home page and click on "Register Here", select the appropriate box for your age group, click “Begin Registration” and follow the instructions. This will register you for the tryouts; no payment is due at this time. Your registration information will be automatically moved after you are assigned to a team at which time the first installment is due.